Chilli Con Carne
1 large onion, chopped
500g minced beef
290ml beef stock
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbs Mrs Ball's Jalapeño Chutney
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 x 400g canned tomatoes
225g red kidney beans, cooked
1 tsp salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp castor sugar
1. Heat half the oil in a small saucepan. Sauté the onions over a low heat for 20 minutes or until softened. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Cook the beef in batches until browned, deglazing the pan with a little beef stock between each batch.
3. Carefully transfer onions to the pan and cook until browned. Add garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
4. Combine spices and oregano in a bowl. Add to the onions and cook for 1 minute.
5. Using a wooden spoon to break up the ingredients, add the meat, onions, stock and tomatoes to a large saucepan.
6. Stir in the kidney beans, salt, pepper and sugar. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Stir occasionally until the meat is tender and the juice becomes sticky.
7. Add chutney 10 minutes before the hour.
8. Serve on a bed of boiled rice with some extra chutney.